Miami Episcopal Student Ministry supports students in their quest to explore their faith, the church, and their commitment to the local and global community.
- We seek to be a space for students to wrestle with complex questions about faith, calling and service.
- We seek to serve as an avenue for students to explore and experience the life and work of the church.
- We seek to participate in mutually beneficial service experiences, recognizing personal transformation and the transformation of Oxford, Southwest Ohio, national and international communities.
- Whole Person: We affirm transformative strategies that address the whole person- body, mind, and soul.
- Whole World: We affirm radical inclusiveness that crosses all socio-economic, ethnic, cultural and people groups.
- Whole Church: affirm the church in all its diverse expressions – denominationally, socio-economically, geographically and theologically.
Jennie Kiffmeyer and Tobie Dahlman are our two Campus Ministers working with Miami student intern, Mike Willis. You may reach them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jennie previously worked with students as a college librarian and instructor at Earlham College. A writer and performer, she loves exploring the places where human and divine stories overlap. She believes that God calls us into relationship through story so that we might better know ourselves, one another, and the Holy One who calls us each by name. Jennie’s hobbies include cooking, acting, and playing with her two school-age children, Ben and Lizzy.
Tobie is a wellness consultant who has been in private practice for the past 8 years. In 2011, she relocated to the Oxford area to marry her favorite colleague from graduate school and raise their blended family of four children. Tobie’s enthusiasm for conversation is at the core of her interest in community outreach. She is passionate about collaborative peace building and cultivating global citizenship through the simple act of bearing witness to oneself and one another.
Mike Willis is a Miami student in ROTC welcoming all students seeking to enrich their faith through exploration and service with other students, or seeking friends of similar beliefs and values. Join us as we find ways to make a difference locally, regionally, and internationally!