SUNDAY, September 12, 2010
XVI Pentecost ~ Sixteenth Sunday after Pentecost
Eucharist Rite I, 8:00 am, Chapel of St. Bede
Eucharist Rite II with music, 10:30 am, Nave
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (ages 3-6), 10:30 am, Atrium
Church School (ages 7-13), 10:30 am, Old Rectory
Refreshments on the Lower Level after the 10:30 service. Please join us!
AA, 7:30 pm, Old Rectory
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: September 13 – September 18
TUESDAY, September 14
Prayer Group, 11 am, Old Rectory
Bible Group, noon, Old Rectory
Serve City, 6 pm
AA, 7:30 pm, Undercroft
THURSDAY, September 16
Knitting Group, 10 am-noon, Knolls
Choir rehearsal, 7:30 pm, Undercroft
FRIDAY, September 17
Prayer Circle This Week: Tom & Angie Schultz, Katie, Luke • Laura Scroggins & Steve Hess • Jordan & Rachel Secrest, Adrian • Walter Secrest • Judy Shaw • Dick & Ginger Smith • Jack & Sally Southard
Altar Flowers are given today by the Burnards in thanksgiving for Holy Trinity.
- Back-to-School Brunch Today! Please join us after the 10:30 am service.
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (ages 3-6) and Church School (ages 7-13) begin TODAY. The Catechesis classroom is located in the room adjacent to the chapel. Church School’s classroom is in the Old Rectory. Classes start at 10:30 am. Children will join their parents for communion. All are welcome for another year of friendship, fun and learning about God’s love!!!
- The Holy Trinity Relay for Life Team is continuing to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Holy Trinity parishioners are offering rooms in their homes for Parent’s Weekend, October 1-2. If you are a parishioner who is willing to offer a room or a student and know some parents who would like a room in a local home for Parent’s Weekend, please leave a message at the church office: 513-523- 5779 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Rooms are $80 a night; all proceeds go to Relay for Life. For further information, please contact Mary Melvin, 513-523-8752 or email@example.com.
- Knitting Group: ECW will meet Thursday, Sept. 16 from 10 am-noon at the Knolls. They will be knitting prayer shawls, though all forms of handiwork and projects are welcomed. Contact Dorothy Samter (524-7483) for further information.
- WANTED: Paid Nursery Attendant for Sunday mornings. Please see Karen Burnard if you know someone who is great with little ones and dependable!
- The Eighth annual State-to-State Half Marathon, 5K Run and Kids’ 1K Run/Walk will be held on Sunday, Sept. 26, 2010. High St will be blocked off from Poplar St going east to Lynn St. Main St will be closed between Park Place and High St. And Contreras Rd will be closed form Lynn St across the state line into Indiana at various times. Motorists will be escorted by police on Contreras after runners and walkers have passed.
In order to accomodate the churches located uptown, the organizers have reserved Lot 52 located on the corner of Church and Main Streets and the parking garage located across from the Elms Hotel, set aside for church attendance.
Tues, Sept. 14: Serve City
Sun, Sept 19: Adult Forum begins
Wed, Sept. 22: Community Dinner
Sun, Oct. 3: Blessing of the Beasts
Tues, Oct 12: Serve City
Sun, Oct 24: Annual Mtg & Potluck
Wed, Oct 27: Community Dinner
Sunday, Nov 7: Bishop’s Visitation
Tuesday, Nov 9: Serve City
Fri-Sat, Nov 12-13: Diocesan Convention in Cambridge